Despite our best efforts to keep Norah small, she keeps getting bigger and more grown up. Two nights ago she slept in her room all by herself for the first time. Maybe she could have been in her own room a long time ago but Alex and I just weren't ready. Other new parents might understand that when you stumble into a good thing (like the baby sleeping through the night) you hesitate to change anything. It was a little bit of an adjustment for us. After we put her down and were back in our room, we realized we were still whispering. Also, for the first time in four months, we slept with all the lights off. It was so dark! Norah did wonderfully, though. She didn't even wake up when we went back in her room to test the fire alarm, but our ears were ringing! Last night she took awhile to settle in and we took turns going back to rock her a bit. I hope it was just an off night and we didn't break her sleeping all night.
We mentioned that Norah is getting close to rolling over. Here is a picture of just how close she gets:
She can get herself from her back to her side but then just hangs out there until she gets frustrated and we either help her get the rest of the way over or she tips herself back onto her back.
Also, when we prop her up slightly reclining she pulls herself into a sitting position.
 |
| (On a totally random note: I think her feet are quite possibly the cutest things on the whole planet. So chubby and cute! I love how she wiggles and stretches them just like grown ups do. She watches them move sometimes but I don't think she even knows they are hers. Did we ever mention that she crosses her second toe over her big toe just like her dad? She's done it since the day she was born.) |
She can balance for a little bit and then this happens:
 |
| Please ignore my robe, she had just spit up all over my top. |
I love this picture:
Love these updates! Cute dress, by the way! :)
ReplyDeleteI love this little princess! I miss her so much! Maybe I can visit the next few days since I am off!
ReplyDeleteBy the way is she wearing leopard leg warmers? Love you Princess! She is too cute! We are so proud of you Alex and Alisa! You are wonderful parents!
ReplyDelete